Sunday, March 15, 2015

Dinner & A Show: Not Your Momma's Grilled Cheese

I LOVE Netflix. But let's face it, they offer so many choices that sometimes it is just plain hard to choose! So, as a public service to YOU, I am going to share a new Netflix find and, as a bonus, I am going to include one of my favorite recipes to go along with it! So sit back, relax, and let me bring you the perfect night in courtesy of Netflix.


Whether with your spouse, your best friends, or even alone (gasp!) this delicious, Not-Your-Momma's Grilled Cheese sandwich and short Netflix original show (just 25 minutes per episode) is the perfect way to spend your few minutes of much needed peace. Enjoy!


Parents are busy. That is just part of the job description. We are extremely lucky if we get ANY time to ourselves. But, in the crazy off-chance that we DO get a little break (nap time, anyone?) I have the perfect way to spend 30 minutes.

Laughing.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is just the show to tickle your funny bone. While enjoying the first episode in bed, I actually snort-laughed my husband awake! Whoops! Thankfully he thought it was his own snoring and fell right back to sleep. Whew! That was a close one.

Netflix recently released the whole 1st season of this original show. That means you have 13 episodes to sneak in the bathroom with you.

What? Sometimes moms have to get creative to get a few much needed moments of quiet!

Back to the show... Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt chronicles the life of Kimmy Schmidt (I know, spoiler alert!), a somewhat naive young woman who spent the last 15 years of her life in an underground bunker. She was suckered by a cult leader, along with several other women, into believing an apocalypse had wiped out the world. After being rescued, she tries to find her way in a world that she knows little about. She ends up in NYC (to be featured on The Today Show) and decides to stay there. With the help of a flamboyantly gay roommate who has dreams of musical stardom, a landlord who is not quite right in the head (but hilarious), and a newly acquired job as a nanny to a stereotypical "rich" family, she sets off to figure out who she is. Check out this preview of the show-



Now, on to the good to eat stuff...

Who doesn't like a little something to munch on while watching TV? I know I do!

And if it is cheesy, I am all in! (This girl LOVES some ooey-gooey cheesy goodness!)

This month, I want to share one of my all-time favorite recipes for when you just don't feel like cooking but you want something good to munch on. This surprisingly simple, yet divine, grilled cheese sandwich that takes only minutes to prepare. But don't get me wrong, this isn't your average grilled cheese! I would classify it as "gourmet", but I also spend my days in yoga pants chasing kids. So, perspective. Either way, it is delicious.



Ingredients:
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp seasoned salt
Butter
Thick slices of bakery style bread

Directions:
In small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise, stirring until smooth. Stir in cheeses and seasonings. Spread the mixture on a slice of bread, keeping in mind that the more mixture you use, the cheesier your sandwich will be. I use around a 1/4 cup on my sandwiches. Top the mixture with an additional slice of bread. Spread butter on both of the outer sides of your sandwich.
Grill in a preheated skillet, George Foreman, or panini press until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is oozing out of the sides of your sandwich. Pair it with a pickle or a steamy bowl of tomato soup, either way enjoy your cheesy goodness while you catch up on some Netflix.
Serves: 4-6

Click for a printable version of this recipe


I receive complimentary service in return for my endorsement, but all opinions and referrals are 100% my own opinion.

HELP ME BECOME THE BEST BLOGGER IN THE WHOLE WORLD!
Okay, that was a tad bit exaggerated. 
But clicking the banner below DOES give me a vote. And votes make me happy.
So help a sistah out, would ya?
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers
Please take a minute and rate my blog while you are there.
You can find me in the humor section.


Following my blog makes you cool. Trust me.