Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Girl and Her Dreams


My nine year old daughter LOVES animals.

She has labeled herself "Dog Trainer of the Year" despite the fact that we don't even own a dog. If you have a dog, WATCH OUT! She will insist on "training" it. To a point where when your dog sees her, it will run and hide, and no amount of treats will coax it back out.

She wants to be a vegetarian because it is mean to eat animals. Except for bacon. She doesn't want to stop eating bacon. (But who in their right mind does?!) And she doesn't really like any vegetables. But that isn't a pre-requisite. Right?

She once played hooky from school so that she could stay home and watch an all-day marathon of "Pitbulls and Parolees." No, I was NOT aware that was the reason beforehand. But she did end up admitting it later that night when the other kids were doing something fun and she couldn't because she was "sick". Tough lesson.

She wants to be either a veterinarian or a zoologist when she grows up. Or maybe both. For as long as I can remember asking her, her answer has never changed.

Unfortunately for this sweet girl, she has two things working against her.

First, we live in an apartment. One that doesn't allow pets. Not even in a cage.

Second, she is allergic to almost all animals that could be considered "pet" material, including: dogs, cats, horses, and rabbits. She was formally tested for allergies a couple years ago when she was having trouble with chronic ear infections and those were her results.

Devastating news to a little girl with big aspirations to be a vet... or so you would think.

But NOT this girl. In fact, she told the allergy doctor that she was going to be a veterinarian when she grows up and he, of course, trying to let her down gently, informed her " that probably wouldn't be a very good idea due to her allergies." She took one look at him and put him right back into his place. She would be a vet. And that was that. He chuckled and told her that she would keep him in business that way. I chuckled because I knew that she meant it.

I know that one day she probably will work with animals. She is my dreamer. And my do-er. But for now, she is stuck living out her animal fantasies by training your dog and by watching animal shows and movies on Netflix. So far we have watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3, 101 Dalmatians (the live one), and all the "Buddies" movies a thousand times a piece. 

Thank goodness Netflix just released a brand new series called The Adventures of Puss in Boots (my personal favorite character from the Shrek movies!) so that we can switch it up a little bit. 

Hey, a mom can only watch a movie so many times, no matter how good it is!


I receive complimentary Netflix service in return for my endorsement, but all opinions and referrals are 100% my own opinion.

HELP ME BECOME THE BEST BLOGGER IN THE WHOLE WORLD!
Okay, that was a tad bit exaggerated. 
But clicking the banner below DOES give me a vote. And votes make me happy.
So help a sistah out, would ya?
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Be sure to leave a comment while you are over there! 
I am listed in the "Humor" section.



Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter