Sunday, August 3, 2014

Casa de....I need a maid! And a vacation. Stat!

Casa de Drama- A weekly summer recap in pictures 

In a surprising twist of fate, I find myself looking forward to summer break this year. Weird, I know! But nonetheless, here I am! To commemorate this (unexpected) feeling, I am kicking off this summer long series, where I will give you a glimpse into our daily lives through pictures and brief "recaps" of some of the funny things happening in this crazy zone we call home! 
Welcome to my Casa de Drama...





Whew! Another crazy week under my drama-filled belt! And another week closer to school starting again! Yay! Scratch that! I mean...boooo! (I am still trying to win that elusive MoTY award) 

I am starting to crack under the pressure...this momma needs. a. break! And a MAID! (Any volunteers? No? Well, it was worth a shot!) Sometimes, NO! ALL THE TIME, I wonder WHY I even BOTHER cleaning up this pig stye? I spend hours cleaning only to look around and see the devastating results of an F5 tornado! (I will give you 1 guess, WHO the tornado is...

But, on the flip-side, I enjoy spending this time with the kids, and I know it is short lived in the big scheme of things. But a maid WOULD make me enjoy it a little more! 

Here are our highlights of this past week:

Nothing like a fun Sunday afternoon at grandma and grandpa's house...

Just saw the biggest, brightest, most beautiful, close up rainbow at my parents house. I wish my phone camera could do it justice!
Aaaaaand then grandpa told the kids to go find the pot of gold at the end of it and all them crazy kids ran into the street....smh


Which ended up in 5 kids in the middle of a street where the cars travel at 90mph on a good day! Thank goodness there were NO CARS! 

Kids! ...And grandpas too!

But at least the 'rents made it up to me by keeping one of my kiddos. Too bad it was the one who entertains herself! 

This is what happens when the other 2 kiddos BEG all day long to go outside, you FINALLY concede, and you get excited to get some much wanted blogging time ---------> 

They stand with their faces pressed outside the slider door and give you puppy dog eyes to give them stuff. Forget the blog time, mom! Your job NEVER ends!

But, at least I got a "foot rub" outta the deal! Complete with mismatched (wrong foot) slipper treatment...

Hubs: Help daddy take off his shoes!
Brennan: (dramatically) Kk....HELP me! This is a DIRTY. SMELLY. job! (To dad) Why do I get the bad chores?

Fast forward 5 minutes...

Brennan: Momma! Let me massage your feet! I will go get the lotion...
 



Brennan REALLY was trying her daddy's patience that day! 

Hubs: (exasperated) Can you PLEASE sit still?!
Brennan: I can't. My body doesn't want to!
Hubs: Well *I* want you to!
Brennan: Sorry daddy! It doesn't work like that. My body does what it wants...NOT what you say...


Is it bad that I am glad it isn't only reserved for me?...

 <-------- Ok...THIS one is my fave! 
Packed up the kids for a road trip! (To the beach with my 2 fabulous girl friends and all their kids- so 9 kids in total. 7 girls. 2 boys. Yep. We're officially crazy!)
The look on the teen's face....priceless! Poor guy! A day at the beach with 10 ladies...

Aaaaand, THIS was the result of aforementioned beach road trip ---------------------->

I am sunburned. And my 11 yo daughter is Bronze Goddess tan. *barf*
And who said it was ok for her to grow up, anyway? #IFeelOld #INeedAGun

Brennan: (running out of bedroom) WHAT'S THE WORLD! I heard BIG BANGING! What's the world WAS that?!

Me: Uuuuuuuh..."WHAT'S THE WORLD" is all over your face??!! And what's the world IS what's the world?

Brennan: Oh, that's just this (hands me a pencil) It changes colors when you put it on your lips....

Aaaaaand the lying begins. I am pretty sure that isn't pencil there, child.

Gotta love this girl. Just not sealing it with a kiss!

 Remember all that housework I was complaining about at the beginning of this post?! I got lucky. Jessi did it. She's a good kid. Who did not inherit her hobbies (like cleaning) from me...but she did inherit (almost) everything else! That girl is my little clone. And as a reward for her hard work...I took her to the mall. To that dreaded place called "Justice". And I even bought her some stuff. We had fun. We hardly EVER get to spend time just the 2 of us. We even took some selfies to commemorate the occassion (her idea of course!)


Gotta love this girl, too. No really. I do. Cuz I gave birth to her and stuff. ;) See ya next week for more drama!

Did you enjoy this post? VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
You can vote 1 time every 24 hours from all devices!


Follow me on Facebook
A Day in the Life of a Drama Queen's Momma

Follow me on Twitter
 @Momma_Dramas 

Loved it? Let me know! Leave me a comment! 

Be sure to catch up on all the Casa de Drama series by reading these previous posts:

Did you like this post? Leave me a comment! I love your feedback! And be sure to enter your email so that you can get notifications of new blog posts! I promise to not spam you or bombard you with too much awesomeness!
Also, be sure to follow my hilarious journey through motherhood by liking my Facebook page A Day in the Life of a Drama Queen's Momma. And follow me on Twitter too! @ Momma_Dramas