Friday, June 27, 2014

I'm Gonna Party Like It's My Birthday...Oh wait....IT IS!

Casa de Drama- A weekly summer recap in pictures 

In a surprising twist of fate, I find myself looking forward to summer break this year. Weird, I know! But nonetheless, here I am! To commemorate this (unexpected) feeling, I am kicking off this summer long series, where I will give you a glimpse into our daily lives through pictures and brief "recaps" of some of the funny things happening in this crazy zone we call home! 
Welcome to my Casa de Drama...




This week was a typical summer week. Full of boredom, bickering, and craziness. But it had ONE good thing....MY BIRTHDAY! Yippie! (Is it sad that I still get so excited about it even though I am in my 30s??!) But first...


The big ladies had a really GREAT time at Summer camp last week! But MAN were they tired when I picked them up! And then we had a Family Reunion to go to and by the end of the afternoon, I had heard enough whine to open a shop! It was an early bedtime kinda night.

Kk was a little clingy the next day (I think she must have missed her momma after all!) and so we had a checkers tourney. She's pretty dang good at that game! She ALMOST beat me. Almost. Good thing we will have plenty of time to practice this summer...she just might end up beating me yet! 


Well, by Monday you could DEFINITELY tell all the kids were back home because the house looked like an F5 tornado had went through.

So dad sent the kids to clean and we were told:
Brennan: *matter of factly* Princesses do NOT clean.
Hubs (and me): *laughing*
Brennan: And STOP LAUGHING! People do NOT laugh at them either!

Well, EXCUUUUSE us, Your Royal Highness! You will have to find a servant to do it for you then. Because if these toys are still on this floor in five minutes you will be one BORED little Princess this summer....

Guess what? When you hide the "princess" story book, you get to read "Corduroy" and BOTH enjoy story time for a change!


This picture was taken AFTER I pulled her dress down!

Things I discovered on Tuesday: 
*My kids actually DO hear what I say, they just chose when to apply it. Like at 7 am when I am trying to sleep and they are telling each other "But mom says....." at the top of their lungs.
*My 9 year old daughter can still squeeze herself in size 4T clothes
*My 4 year old is NOT ok with sharing her clothes with her 9 year old sister.
*When it comes to grocery store begging, teens are way worse offenders than toddlers.
*4 year olds, dresses, and giant fans at the library are NOT a good combination when you are distracted. Marilyn Monroe would have been proud. It sure was entertaining to the little old lady who got a "show"...


Remember that earlier, FUN, ENJOYABLE bedtime?! It was short-lived.

Brennan: Come read my bedtime story
Me: Not tonight. Mommy is sick and my throat hurts too bad.
Brennan: *pouting* But YOU do it BEST. Who is gonna do it then?
Me: Fine. I will read a story that is short that I choose. That is your ONLY option.
Brennan: But I don't LIKE a short story.
Me: Oh well. *Reads story*
Brennan: Now who is going to sing to me?
Me: Not me. I said I am sick. Why don't YOU sing to ME?
Brennan: Fine...
*singing sweetly*
Marking birds don't sing. I will buy me a diamond ring. If that diamond ring don't shine, I will buy you a soaking dress. If that soaking dress don't work, I will buy you a mattress. If that mattress don't work. I will buy me a teddy bear. If that teddy bear don't snuggle. I will buy me a new momma. *gives me a dirty look* cuz mine isn't no good.

These are the moments that make you glad you were blessed with an enormous sense of humor! I think I laugh at the most inappropriate times...but she always makes up for her Diva-ness with something sweet!

The following morning, I woke up sick and spent a good part of it in bed. But when I DID get up, this is what I found    ----------> 

See....she can be so incredibly kind! (Even though I had to re-wash ALL those dishes! It's the thought that counts!)


And ALL that leads up to today...MY day! (Too bad I have been feeling a little under the weather this week...ugh) Anyway....this year I am going to have fun! No. Matter. What. So I am donning a mask and a wheelchair and hitting the town tonight. Will there be pictures?! Oh, I'm sure! So be sure to come on back next week for the next installment of Casa de Drama.
(^You like how I did that cliffhanger right there?! hehehe)


Be sure to catch up on all the Casa de Drama series by reading these previous posts:

Did you enjoy this post? VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
You can vote 1 time every 24 hours from all devices!


Follow me on Facebook
A Day in the Life of a Drama Queen's Momma

Follow me on Twitter
 @Momma_Dramas 

Loved it? Let me know! Leave me a comment! 


1 comment: